How I Treat
What I Treat
PT, OCS, CWCE, CEEAA
Jake loves helping people and feels that it’s his God-given passion. He enjoys putting himself in his clients situation, realizing without their health, it’s difficult to achieve the highest quality of life. Physical Therapy allows Jake the opportunity to help people, give them hope and achieve their goals of optimum health.
- Graduate of the University of Nebraska with a degree in physical therapy, 1975.
- Board certified in orthopedics by the American Physical Therapy Association as an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist and a Certified Clinical Instructor.
- Received credential as a Senior Disability Analyst and Diplomat by the American Board of Disability Analysis in 1995.
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Certified in FCA Interpretation by the AADEP, 2003.
- Certified Work Capacity Tester, Blankenship, Matheson systems and Epic Lift Capacity Evaluator.
- Trained in ASTYM.
- Specializes in worker’s compensation injuries.
- Certified as an exercise expert for aging adults.
LOPT was founded in 1982 by Jake DeNell and Roger Sand. Jake served the Lincoln community in many facets but his role at LOPT had a deep impact on his patients, co-workers and co-owners. Since retiring at the end of 2020, Jake remains involved at LOPT with mentoring younger therapists at LOPT, serving at Clinic With a Heart and enjoying his grandchildren.